Friday, April 9, 2010

Recovered Chair

I bought this chair from a yard sale last summer. I walked past it several times, went to another yard sale next door and came back, and finally decided that I needed to buy it. It was absolutely in shambles! The before picture looks great compared to what it did when I bought it. I paid $5 for it and as soon as I got home with it, the hubs started ripping the fabric off of it b/c he was afraid that something was growing in it:o) It was kinda gross...So here is the before pic...
The reason why I got this chair was b/c it had good bones. The hubs removed the springs b/c those are a bear to try to put back in. He cut a piece of wood down to size to fit the seat bottom. I got a foam seat cushion at Hobby Lobby and I also had some on hand for the back. The fabric came from Hancock Fabrics and it had been majorly discounted. I used Krylon Ivory spray paint and a little Valspar glaze on the arms and legs.
I love the little details on the chair. It's very simple and not too "over-the-top."
The upholstery took around 2 hours to finish. Not too bad for only my second attempt at reupholstering:o)
There is a major neighborhood yard sale that I am hitting tomorrow. Hoping to post some serious deals on here Monday. Hope you all have a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS weekend! Hugs!!