Friday, January 27, 2012

Revamped Dresser

Time for the reveal! Here is the "after" shot of the dresser I made over for E's room.
Remember the "before"? A tad different, isn't it?
 I found this dresser at the thrift store two weekends ago for $15...yep, that's right! They were having a 50% off sale on all furniture. I almost had a heart attack thinking someone else would try to swipe my pet fur, mouse poo & dust infested dresser before I had the chance...but luckily, no one else was interested:o)
So I started by deconstructing the whole piece. That was the easy part:o)
 The tough part was making the MDF box to go in the center of the dresser. This was my first attempt at using a table saw, and let me just say that there was a lot of heavy praying going on while using it. On three different occasions, MDF literally shot off of the table saw..thankfully I wasn't on the receiving end!
 Since we currently are no longer in possession of a miter saw, I had to use a miter box to cut the trim pieces, which was A-O.K. with me after the frightening experience with the table saw! I used 1 1/4 inch trim to frame out the box, and base board trim for the base.
 I filled in the gaps with some wood putty, and got it ready for paint.
 It now resides in E's room with new hardware. 
 He is extremely excited to have it in his room now....
 So much so, that he thought it was a great place to climb on top of and leap to his bed...BAD IDEA!
Mommy worked waaaaay too hard on this for little grubby feet to be climbing on this puppy:o)
So anyway, that's that!
To see where I got my inspiration, check out 

Participating here:

Design Dazzle

Furniture Feature Fridays


The Stuff of Success