Monday, November 26, 2012

Our First Christmas Craft of the Season

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We surely did!!
We got back home on Friday, so there was plenty of time to get settled and relax a bit before starting the work/school week.
The holiday baking has begun, so I have to make sure I keep my running shoes broken in, or I'll be asking Santa for the next dress size up;o)
 Our first Christmas craft was peppermint Christmas trees.
 Thing 1 & 2 worked very hard at unwrapping many many peppermint discs...most made it on the trees...a few ended up in their bellies:o)
We started with tacky glue, but that was a bust..wet glue and sugary candy aren't a good mix..so we had to pull out the hot glue gun.
 I did all of the gluing, but this was a craft that required all hands on deck, so they didn't get bored with me doing the work. We had a lot of fun crafting, snacking, and listening to Christmas music.
Oh yeah, there was a wedding over Thanksgiving holiday:o)
Here are a few shots of the kids in their outfits I made.

 I am so blessed.


We went a head and started Elf on the Shelf...it's been hysterical!
We might have waited a little too late to start it..6 year olds are a little harder to convince of such things, but it's been absolutely too much fun trying:o)
I plan on taking pictures of our trees today. Hopefully I will get them posted tomorrow!!!