Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Dress for S.R.

 Yesterday I got the sewing bug again:o) I have been on a sewing hiatus after my encounter with the bridesmaid dresses that I worked on. It was actually nice to take a break...but now I am back.
I have had a beautiful stash of fabric that I have been putting off using for far too long now. I came across 
dress yesterday, and new I had to make a similar one. It is so sweet:o)
So here is my version of the "Summer Dress".
 My mother gave me some baby ric rac and I had to find a way to incorporate it on the dress. It adds just a little bit more to the ruffle don't you think? The lace that runs down the center front is some vintage lace I had in my stash...also given to me by my mother:o)
I am so happy with the results! 
I love visiting Girl.Inspired. She always has the most beautiful outfits for her girls...she is definitely "inspired" and very inspiring!
I am hoping to get some matching "4th of July" outfits made for the kids today during nap time...we'll see how that goes:o)

Participating in:


Whimsy Couture