Thursday, August 23, 2012

Allowance/Money Holders

Ok, so I said I would post about these on Monday...well Monday has turned into Thursday for sure...but I am finally getting around to sharing with you our newest endeavor....allowances...enter shiver/shudder.
We now have to make our children be responsible little helpers...which makes us have to be more responsible because we have to remember to remind them to do their chores....and on top of that, we have to remember to keep $6 in 1's on hand, so that we can make sure they get their $3 a week.
Sheesh!
Who knew it was going to be this involved:o) 
I kid, I kid:o)
E and S.R. have been great about getting their chores done for the past two weeks, and we are so grateful. Not only are they learning valuable lessons in doing a job and doing it well, they are lightening the load on their poor pitiful mother;o)
So here are said money/allowance holders.
All items used to make these money holders were purchased from Hobby Lobby except the buckets. I found the buckets in the dollar section at Target.
 I've seen and heard, for the past few months, of parents using three categories...Share(or give), Save and Spend. I think that teaching the kids to divide their money up now is an awesome life lesson. The earlier they learn to save their money and to give of their means, the better off they will be when they are adults. 
Last Sunday they were actually able to give their own money to the collection plate at church. I didn't get to see it because I wasn't feeling well and stayed home, but I know that before they left for services that morning, they were really excited about giving their dollar.
It's the little things, right?
So what do you think? Are you inspired to make little helpers out of your rugrats? I promise it is well worth the effort!
 Here is a list of items if you want to make your own.
1 plywood board
3 oval shape wooden discs(optional)
scrapbook paper
letter stickers
Mod Podge
Paint for the plywood board(optional)
Drill(for holes)
Ribbon(to hang)
3 buckets with handle
3 mini cup hooks 
Wood Glue
I hope that all of you who started school this week have had a fantastic first week back. I know we sure have. I am still adjusting to getting up early....too bad I can't drink coffee...boo!
Family night tonight...I'll post recipes tomorrow...maybe;o)