Monday, March 1, 2010

Pottery Barn Kids Knock-Off Activity Table

 
I have been dying to share this project with you!!! The hubs and I put this puppy together(well, mostly the hubs). However, I did cut a few boards on the miter saw, pre-drilled some holes and screwed some screws in, so technically it was a team effort;o) I found the plans for this table here at Knock Off Wood. We went to Lowes and had the guys there cut all the wood to size for us. This made things A LOT easier. We used pine, and pine from Lowes isn't always the best, so you really have to dig around for wood that isn't warped, and I  would definitely take a tape measure with you. The wood isn't always the dimensions that the little tag says it is. 

 
We did things slightly different than the plans called for. The PBK drawers have a little cut-out at the top to make rolling out easier. The hubs is going to put some handles on the drawer fronts this evening. We needed to give the poly a little more time to dry.
  
  I had planned in the beginning to paint the surround and drawers black and stain the top. The staining looked terrible, so I painted it with some brown paint I had lying around. The plans also called for a raised lip on the edge of the table. We just left it flush with the table top, more out of laziness than anything else:o)
  
Now the kids don't have to go to the bathroom floor to play with their blocks, Lincoln Logs, and their train tracks...I know you're digging the Lincoln Log train town I set up for your viewing pleasure:o)
***********************
Remember to enter the Giveaway here. You have 2 days left. You also have to be a follower of Fussy Monkey Business, but how hard is that?:o) Good Luck!!