Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Roman Shades(the death of me)

 
These curtains have been the bane of my existence. I bought this fabric from Hobby Lobby thinking that I was going to make curtains for the living room. When I got home, I realized that they didn't match my rug:o( But they did match my bedroom perfectly. I found some beautiful curtains in a magazine, and they even had step by step instructions on how to make them. So I figured I would give them a shot. I kept putting off making them b/c #1 I was sick of making curtains and #2 I spent waaaay too much money on the fabric and cording, and I was afraid to cut it. So after weeks of letting it sit, I finally buckled down and started sewing. I ran into so many road blocks...not having enough cording, sewing things the wrong way, ripping seams for hours...extremely frustrating...but they are done and I am very happy:o) Just in time for the big party:o)
Close-up of the fabric...I really like it, just hated every minute of sewing it..
 
Close-up of the cording...21 yards of it:o{