Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

This posting is a little bit scatter-brained, so bare with me. I have a sinus infection and I am on meds that make me slightly loopy...yes, Sudafed makes me  kinda crazy;o) Hoping to head to the doc today. Anywho, I have finally come to the realization that I have a serious problem. I buy projects and tuck them neatly away in my craft closet room, and then forget about them. Well, I don't really forget about them, I just think to myself, "oh that's gonna be great when I finish that." And that's usually about as far as it gets...for a very long...long...time:o) Well I have made a Summer Resolution, at least for the month of June.  
I am not going to buy any more projects for the month of June. I will only purchase something if I need it to finish a current project.
There, I've said it, and it's in green, so that makes it permanent, doesn't it??? I have soooooo many things on my list that need to get done like:
  • Finish the bench that I bought at a yard sale 2 months ago
  • Redo a vanity chair for S.R.'s room
  • Paint the living room(pics of the paint swatch below)
  • Finish memory game for E
  • Make a recipe binder for internet recipes
That's just to name a FEW. My list is about as long as I am tall;o) Which is 5'6, by the way:o) So on to the project I completed yesterday...
I have had this coal bucket for over a year and have never really figured out what to do with it. I decided that I wanted some sort of arrangement in it, but I didn't know what. Yesterday while at Hobby Lobby I decided that I was going to do something about that empty bucket. Most of the floral dept. was 50% off so I got the twig balls and one sprig of the green stuff because I already had 2. I started playing around with it and came up with this:
Now I know that this makes you wanna run straight to Hobby Lobby b/c this is soooo beautiful and you want to replicate this piece(can't you just feel the sarcasm dripping from those words???). But it's serving it's purpose.
It's covering the telephone wires. Now some day I will actually come up with a better solution, but for now, it'll do.
Look at my little lady...you know she's gotta be tired holdin' that jug like she is...bless her little pea pickin' heart. And look...someone added to her load...
Yep, that's a baseball. I guess it was bothering the babies that her jug was empty:o)
Check out my paint swatch:
Comfort Gray. I am relaxed just looking at the swatch. I can't wait to start feeling better because I WILL be painting as soon as this post nasal drip stops dripping. Have a grand ole day my dears:o)