Monday, June 7, 2010

Froggy Outfit

Sorry that I have been absent from the blogging world for the past few days. That sinus infection really kicked my tale. While I have been away from you lovelies, I have been working on a few projects. I can't wait to share them with you this week. Tomorrow's post is super awesome, thanks to the hubs. He's my hero:o) So anyway, here is a new outfit I made for S.R. While on all the meds for my sinus infection, I had a weird reaction and couldn't sleep...at all. So, at midnight Wed. night, I cut out the pattern and fabric for this outfit. I eventually got to sleep at 4 a.m. the next morning:o) I needed an outfit to match the froggy hairbow that a friend had given to S.R. Don't you just love the froggy buttons??
Staying true to my vow of not purchasing anything for crafts unless absolutely necessary, I used fabric I had on hand from when I made this bag. I had just enough to do the top part of the shirt...I mean barely enough:o)
I love the skirted bottom of this shirt. It is so sweet:o)
I absolutely love making shorts. They are the easiest thing to make....EVUH!
S.R. modeling her new outfit while brushing her pearly whites.
View of the back side.
I had planned on embroidering her name on the front, but for some reason my machine was acting a little cra-zay. I think I am going to take it somewhere and have "Ribbit" embroidered across the chest in the curly font, so when S.R. grows out of it, I can sell it.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post. I am revealing the bench makeover from this post. It's G-R-R-R-REAT!