Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yesterday I got a wild hair and decided to reorganize my craft closet room. I use the guest room closet to store my fabric and what-nots as well. It is conveniently  located across the hall from my craft room. Makes for easy access. 
While throwing out tons of unwanted items, I ran across a bag of scraps. Lo and behold I found this fabric. In it's former life it was a window valance. I bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond several years ago and made a purse out of it. I completely forgot about the leftovers.
Is this not the cutest dress?
 The denim ruffle was already attached at the bottom. I just sewed a side seam  and a seam around the chest to hold elastic. I then made straps and added in the leftover ruffles. This dress took around 30 minutes to finish. I wish all of her dresses took this long to make;o) I have a few more outfits in the making. Can't wait to share them with you all once they are completed!
In other news, today is our 8th wedding anniversary! Time has surely flown by. Happy Anniversary my Love!
***
Don't forget to place your vote for your favorite project at Crafting with the Stars. Voting ends tonight at10 p.m. MST