Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ballard Inspired Nesting Tables

I hope that you all are staying warm in this frigid weather. We have had so much fun in the snow! Living in the moment, we are:o)
 I told you guys that I had started on some projects before the snow hit, and that I had one more to complete.
Well it is finished...YAY!! And I LOVE how it turned out.

Here is the inspiration for my project today.

Courtesy of Ballard Designs  
These tables are from Ballard Designs and run about $250 for the set. They are beautiful, but are waaaay out of my price range. I have wanted some sort of game table to go in front of the window by the fireplace for quite a while now, but had never found exactly what I was looking for. After seeing Ballard's nesting tables, I knew that those were IT. I had a vision and a mission to find similar tables. 

And here we have them. Given to us. The hubs helped a sweet woman move into her new house and she had these tables that wouldn't fit into her new home. I was very, very excited about these. They just needed a good sanding was all.

And here is my version of the nesting game tables.


They are more cottage-y and fit my decor better.
The taping of the two smaller pieces was very labor intensive, but well worth the effort put into it, I believe.


Are you feelin' it? 


I am really happy with how these turned out and the total cost for me was $7(spray paint and primer)


Now I just need some checkers and chess pieces and we will be set. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Participating in these parties:









Oh yeah, and I entered this:







crazy, I know;o)

Participating in these parties:

Furniture Feature Fridays

MuralMaker and More

Visit thecsiproject.com
Visit thecsiproject.com