Monday, January 31, 2011

Fabulous Weekend


I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend...we sure did. Our anniversary is tomorrow, so we spent the weekend in Pigeon Forge and made our way up to The Biltmore in Asheville, N.C. The weather was perfect! And the company wasn't all that bad either;o) We were definitely inspired by all of the beautiful gardens, even though most of the plants and trees were dormant. 
The hubs is ready for spring to get here b/c we have a massive back yard that needs some attention.
We stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place. It was reeeeally nice:o)
We definitely want to take the kids there. They have milk and cookies with Santa every night, and on Saturday nights Santa performs:o) So cute!
On our way back home, we stopped by the knife shop. The hubs has to stop by there every time we go up there. While he was perusing the knife cases, I headed to a small little corner where they were selling dulcimers.
Just so you know...I am going to be purchasing one of these in the VERY near future. The little man who was behind the counter was so sweet and he played for me:o) I love the sound that a dulcimer makes. He said that they harmonize beautifully with a guitar. It just so happens that my handsome hubby plays the guitar:o)
Ebay, here I come!!
So anyway, today will be a day of recovery from the long weekend. Doing a little laundry using my NEW washer and dryer..WUURD! And then just sitting in front of the tv with my babies. I'm so glad that E has pre-school on Tuesdays:o)
*****
Make sure to head over to SEW DANG CUTE for round 2 of Crafting with the Stars. This round's challenge is Decoupage.  Vote for your FAVORITE 3!
Happy Monday!!!