Monday, January 3, 2011

Spiritual Subway Art


This is the time of year when we all reflect on who we are as a person. We look at who we have become, for better or for worse, and think about how we arrived at our current state. If for worse, we usually make a New Year's resolution to better ourselves in the coming year...lose weight, make more money, be a nicer person, etc. Resolutions are great in theory, but they usually are only carried out in the first 2 weeks of the year. 
I chose not to make any resolutions this year. We have jumped on the weight loss train, but only b/c we are too cheap and too stubborn to go out and buy bigger clothes. That's a good thing, right?
Anyway, in my last post I talked of a few changes that would be made on this blog. Things that I hope you will find beneficial.
 I feel like the abilities that have been given to me are a gift. A wonderful blessing from God. I have invited you all into my home(virtually, that is) and shared my ideas on crafting, home decor, and everyday life. The one thing I haven't shared with you all is my undying love for our God. He is the reason that I have these abilities, and I have failed miserably in giving Him the glory. 
I am only able to reach a few thru this blog, but I want to use this opportunity to share the good news of the Lord. This will still remain a "crafty mommy blog." However, there will be a lot more mention of our Heavenly Father. I make no apologies for this, whatsoever.

I love all the Subway Art that is out in blog land right now. I have seen a lot that had to do with all the holidays, but I hadn't seen one that was spiritual. Well now there is:o)
weird coloring, bad lighting, I know....sorry!
I have needed this verse desperately, which is found in Galatians 5:22-23. I have been a bear here lately and I blame it on the holidays...they have been WONDERFUL, but I am so ready for normalcy. (I put self-inflicted stress and pressure on myself to have the perfect gift for everyone. Crazy, I know. So, that is why I am glad that it is January  and not December:o)

This frame was purchased from Hobby Lobby. This is what it looked like before:

I found it in the clearance section forever ago. I think I paid around $6 for it?? Anyway, I gave it the same treatment that I did to THIS old picture frame.
The hubs helped me get all the lettering just right (thanks, MY LOVE) and now I can share it with you all!
(I have changed it to a jpeg file, so hopefully it will be easier for you guys!!)
To download, just go HERE.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it helps put your day into perspective:o) 
Happy Monday!

Participating in: